The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) and National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF )are accepting nominations for the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award. Presented annually at the CFSI National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner, the award recognizes organizations for outstanding leadership in advancing firefighter health and safety. Taking place on April 29, 2010 in Washington, DC, the dinner will be attended by our nation’s top political leaders and 2,000 state and national fire service officials. The nomination deadline is March 26th.
- Recognition of the Life Safety Initiatives originally developed by the American fire service during the 2004 National Fire Service Summit hosted by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.
- Recognizing the need to address firefighter health and safety and becoming an advocate for this cause.
- Leadership in promoting and supporting firefighter health and safety initiatives at the local, state or national level.
- Reaching out to other organizations and developing partnerships to further the cause of firefighter health and safety.
- Engaging government leaders at all levels to work together for changes and for the establishment of government programs that can enhance the personal safety of firefighters.
CFSI and NFFF recognize State Farm Insurance and VFIS for their support of the awards program. For additional information about the Sarbanes award, please visit the CFSI and NFFF websites at www.cfsi.org and www.firehero.org, respectively. Or contact CFSI at 202-371-1277.The award recipient will receive an all-expense paid trip to our Nation’s Capitol to be honored at the annual CFSI National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner. The deadline for submitting applications is March 26, 2010.
For additional information about CFSI, please visit our website at www.cfsi.org.