Savannah (GA) officials have raised the question of whether there should be a massive inspection of all city buildings after a third fire station in two years was found to need a mold cleanup. Fire Station No. 7 on the city’s south side will close for approximately one week during the cleanup.
Firefighters from the station notified city officials about rampant mold growth in ceiling tiles. The cause was determined to be a leaking air conditioning duct, which was repaired, but a substantial amount of mold was found.
Fire protection services to the station’s response area will no be affected by the temporary shutdown, officials told the Savannah Morning News. The local fire union has expressed dissatisfaction with the city’s response time to the mold problem and says numerous other fire facilities are in need of repairs.
For more, CLICK HERE.