- Faster User Interface – Toolbars and menus have been re-designed to be more efficient. It’s now much faster to find commands, change object properties, and edit existing objects in the drawing.
- Aerial Views from Bing™ Maps – Enter an address or name of a facility to retrieve a recent satellite photograph of the area and place it in the diagram as a background image. Place lines, notes, and symbols on top the photo for a quick pre-fire plan.
- New 2D and 3D Textures – New texture patterns can be used to show grass, water, asphalt, concrete, wood grain, and more. More than 50 new textures have been added that display in both 2D and 3D views. You can even create your own textures.
- New “Heads Up Display” – The user can now choose to automatically show object properties and geometry on-screen as they draw, updated in real time.
- Import AutoCAD® 2011 Drawings – Import existing drawings from AutoCAD 2011 and other CAD programs commonly available from City and County building departments.
- Moving Camera Animations – Animations can now be created with a moving viewpoint by fixing the “camera” to any position on a moving symbol. This lets the user generate animations to show a “walk through” of a building or of a fire investigation scene.
- File and Symbol Search Tool – Users can now enter a portion of a file or symbol name and use the new search utility to find it anywhere on their computer or network.
- Flexible Pricing – Existing users of The Fire Zone can upgrade to Version 9 for $199. New licenses of Fire Zone Version 9 are priced at $699. Discounts are available when ordering multiple copies. To order, or to obtain a free evaluation copy, call The CAD Zone, Inc., at 800-641-9077, or visit www.cadzone.com.
The CAD Zone, Inc. announced the release of Version 9.0 of its popular Fire Zone diagramming software for the fire service. For more than 20 years, The Fire Zone has been used by thousands of fire service professionals to create and maintain preincident plans. Fire Zone users claim the new, more efficient user interface, maps, and other new features in Version 9 make it possible to complete pre-fire plan diagrams 25-50 percent faster.
The new software includes many new and improved features, such as: