TACOMA, WA – September 11, 2011 – COINFORCE.com, a leading provider of custom challenge coins for the U.S. military, first responders, civic organizations and top corporations, announced the availability of the ‘9/11 10th Anniversary “NEVER FORGET” Challenge Coin.’
COINFORCE.com Owners and Retired Air Force Veterans Jordan and Donna Haines designed the 9/11 10th Anniversary challenge coin and fundraiser as a way to honor the dedication, service and sacrifice of our brave military and first responders.
“We can never do enough, as individuals and as a country, to honor our nation’s service members and fallen heroes,” said Jordan Haines, Co-owner and Commander-in-Chief of COINFORCE.com. “The 9/11 10th Anniversary ‘NEVER FORGET’ Challenge Coin is our way of saying thank you to all those who choose to serve and to their families.”
This authentic military challenge coin is being sold by more than 50 organizations nationwide that support our active-duty military, military families, veterans, wounded warriors and first responders. Partners include select United Service Organizations (USO) centers, American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) posts, military units from all five service branches, and metro police and fire departments such as NYPD and Seattle PD.
Participating organizations are selling the ‘9/11 10th Anniversary “NEVER FORGET” Challenge Coin’ for $10 – $20 each plus shipping and handling (price varies by organization and market). The Haineses have set a goal to help raise more than $911,000 this year that will directly benefit military families and first responders. More than $360,000 has already been raised and 9/11 coins will be available for purchase nationwide through the upcoming holiday season. For a list of participating organizations and a link to purchase the 9/11 10th Anniversary Challenge Coin online, please visit http://www.911ChallengeCoin.com.
USO Puget Sound Area has already sold more than 5,000 ‘9/11 10th Anniversary “NEVER FORGET” Challenge Coins, generating more than $30,000 for USO programs and services supporting active-duty military, dependents, veterans and wounded warriors.
“I was stationed at the Pentagon in 2001 until about a month before the 9/11 attacks,” said Donald Leingang, USO Puget Sound Area Executive Director and Commander, USN (Ret.). “This challenge coin has special meaning to me, both as a memorial to the brave Americans we lost on that tragic day, and for how this fundraiser is helping the USO and our local military families.”
The beautifully designed and crafted 9/11 challenge coin honors the memory of our fallen heroes, and all those who made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of freedom.
- The front side of the 9/11 10th Anniversary Challenge Coin includes a beautiful 3-D relief which features the World Trade Center twin towers, and our universal symbols of freedom in the American Bald Eagle, Statue of Liberty and the Stars & Stripes.
- The words “NEVER FORGET” communicate our resolve to remember the lessons of 9/11, and keep the memory of our fallen American heroes in our hearts forever.
- The inner circle includes a 21-gun salute in the form of 21 gun casings, which honor all those who have fallen as a result of 9/11.
- On the opposite side, a 3-D relief of the Pentagon supports a soldier’s memorial to our troops and reads “HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.” The names of all five service branches also appear on this side.
- “IN GOD WE TRUST” is laser etched on the coin’s top edge.
- The coin is die-struck brass metal with 3-D reliefs, 2” (50mm) diameter, 1/8” (4mm) thickness, antique brass plating, a diamond-cut swirl edge, and every 9/11 challenge coin comes in a soft black velvet pouch.
The ‘9/11 10th Anniversary “NEVER FORGET” Challenge Coin is an authentic, custom-designed military challenge coin and is NOT legal tender or intended as an investment.
“The intrinsic value of this coin, or any military challenge coin, is a measure of the honor of those it represents, and the patriotism of the person carrying it,” said Jordan Haines. “If you’re looking for a solid investment, buy our coins and invest in the brave men and women keeping you and your family safe.”
Organizations interested in participating in the ‘9/11 10th Anniversary “NEVER FORGET” Challenge Coin’ fundraiser can call COINFORCE World Headquarters at (253) 682-2825.
COINFORCE.com is the world’s leading provider of custom challenge coins for the U.S. military, first responders, civic organizations, top corporations and more. For more than 8 years, COINFORCE.com has been a veteran-owned and operated family business dedicated to serving our nation’s heroes including active-duty military, dependents, wounded warriors, veterans and first responders. Owners Jordan and Donna Haines volunteered a combined 42 years of active-duty service in the United States Air Force.
Visit COINFORCE at http://www.coinforce.com.