Two people were hospitalized with serious burns after a house exploded Sunday morning on the southwest side of Chicago, Illinois.
The blast apparently occurred after neighbors noticed the smell of natural gas on the block, according to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times (http://bit.ly/skpWw5). One resident of the area reported wind-whipped flames towering over the trees.
A married couple in the home managed to escape but suffered severe burns. A fire department spokesman said 250 firefighters and paramedics responded to the blast.