Firefighting

Rags Left Near Furnace Ignite NJ House Fire

From NorthJersey.com:

Darius Amos/The Ridgewood News

A pile of rags left near a furnace caused a house fire in Ridgewood on just before 11 a.m. Thursday morning.

The Ridgewood (NJ) Fire Department, with assistance from the Ho-Ho-Kus (NJ) Fire Department fast team, responded to a fire at a home on Newcomb Road, according to Ridgewood Chief Jim Van Goor. The incident, caused when a pile of rags were placed too close to the house’s furnace, was contained before any significant fire damage could take place.

Read more HERE