Firefighting

NJ Borough Hall Evacuated

From NorthJersey.com:

By Evonne Coutros / The Record

UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ – Borough Hall was evacuated Friday afternoon after a termite control chemical was sprayed by a pest company worker in an area of the building that was not scheduled to be treated.

There were no injuries, and no one was overcome by the use of the chemical. About 15 to 20 borough employees were asked to leave the building at about 12:30 p.m. after the pest control worker accidentally released about five to seven gallons of the chemical into a storage closet that contained computer equipment, according to police.

Read more HERE