Health & Safety, Tech Zone

Phone Bursts into Flames, Burning British Boy

An 11-year-old British boy was burned after his brother’s BlackBerry phone exploded and set his bed on fire.

The incident occurred in Coventry, England. Citing reports from the Telegraph, The New York Daily News reported that (http://nydn.us/11LTZrJ) a new BlackBerry Curve 9320 was left near the victim’s bed. In the middle of the night, the phone exploded and caused the victim’s bed and duvet to catch fire. The victim’s mother attempted to snuff out the flames with a quilt. The boy was left with severe burns on his legs and feet, and melting plastic had stuck to his skin.

The incident is under investigation.

Read more at http://nydn.us/11LTZrJ.