Fire EMS, Firefighting

Connecticut Firefighter Save Man from Burning House

Danbury (CT) firefighters rescued a man from a burning house after he became disoriented while trying to escape the flames, reports newstimes.com.

Assistant Fire Chief Bernie Meehan, who was the first responder on the scene, said he found a lone occupant at the back door. From property records, the homeowner was identified as Gary Konow. Fire officials, while not identifying Konow by name, confirmed that the homeowner was the man who was saved.

After finding him, Meehan escorted him out of the house and into the front yard.

Meehan said the man suffered “serious smoke inhalation” and was first taken to Danbury Hospital and then later transferred to The Connecticut Burn Center at Bridgeport Hospital. A staff member said that she could not release any information on Konow’s condition.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, but there was “extreme smoke damage throughout the entire house,” Meehan said.

Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/11Z6yl5