Firefighting

Natural Gas Vapors Caused MO Restaurant Fire, Report Says

A deadly explosion last month at a Kansas City (MO) restaurant was caused when natural gas vapors caught fire, according to federal and local officials.

The Associated Press reports (http://abcn.ws/X9X7cg) the assessment came Wednesday from the Kansas City Fire Department and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The February 16 explosion and fire at J.J.’s restaurant injured 16 people and killed a 46-year-old restaurant worker.

For more on this situation, visit http://abcn.ws/X9X7cg.

For videos on the incident, visit Videos: Kansas City (MO) Gas Explosion.

For more on firefighter response to natural gas incidents, consider Firefighter Response to Natural Gas Leaks and Emergencies, MANAGING NATURAL GAS EMERGENCIES, and Routine Emergencies: Firefighter Response to Natural Gas Leaks.