Authorities say a space heater used by a work crew likely caused a fire that destroyed multiple suites and a partial roof collapse at a western Michigan minor league ballpark, reports the Associated Press.
Plainfield Township Fire Chief David Peterson says the heater started a small fire Friday morning at the Fifth Third Ballpark, but workers thought they had extinguished it. They returned to find an entire area in flames.
Peterson says a sprinkler system was deactivated earlier Friday because of a false alarm. The response also was slowed by a lack of fire hydrants.
Read more of the story here http://usat.ly/1dmPmqB