Firefighting

Children Playing with Lighter Ignite TN Apartment Fire

From www.JacksonSun.com:

Memphis (TN) (AP) — Memphis firefighters say an apartment fire started when three small children were playing with a cigarette lighter in the bedroom.

Memphis (TN) Fire Department (MFD) firefighters credited two apartment staff members for pulling the children, ages 2, 5, and 6, from the burning two-story building on Friday afternoon.

The MFD said that the residence did not have a working smoke detector and three units were damaged by smoke, fire, and water.

About 40 firefighters and emergency personnel responded to the scene at Pendleton West Apartments. No one was hurt.

Read more HERE