Fire EMS, Firefighting

Firefighter Rescued and Dog Saved from Burning Saugus (MA) Home

Flames broke out in a two-story house on Water Street near the Cedar Glen Golf Course just after 10 a.m. and quickly reached the roof, creating a close call for firefighters, reports CBS Boston.

Firefighters went inside to make sure no one was home, but as they began to vent the house, the fire engulfed the front of the building.

Deputy Chief Mike Newbury said a mayday was called and all firefighters were ordered out.

One was nearly trapped on the second floor.

“(He) jumped out the front window and went onto the front porch. Our ladder company put a ground ladder to the porch and we were able to get him down,” Newbury said.

That firefighter and a colleague were taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries.

Read more of the story here http://cbsloc.al/1uNnrNz