Photo by Chris and Bill Tompkins
A family escaped a Glen Rock (NJ) house fire thanks to smoke detectors, according to a news report. Fire photographers Bill and Chris Tompkins captured photos of firefighting operations from the scene.
The fire reportedly went to two alarms and was likely caused by a faulty night light in a middle school-aged girl’s bedroom on the second floor, The Record reported (http://bit.ly/1EEhrHt). Everyone, including the family dog, made it out okay, Bill Tompkins said.
About 35 firefighters from a number of area departments responded to the fire around 1 a.m. on March 21. This fire occurred the same night as the tragic Brooklyn (NY) fire that claimed the lives of seven children.
Read full details at http://bit.ly/1EEhrHt.
More Bill and Chris Tompkins: www.BTFirephotos.com
MORE BILL AND CHRIS TOMPKINS
- Firefighters Battle Three-Alarm Orange (NJ) Fire
- Paterson (NJ) Firefighters Swiftly Extinguish House Fire
- Paterson (NJ) Fire Crews Battle Flames at Vacant Residence
RELATED FIREFIGHTER TRAINING
- Smoke Alarm or Smoke Detector?
- Smoke Detector Credited with Saving Three Lives
- Firefighter Starts Company to Encourage People to Check Smoke Detector
- LOUISVILLE’S SMOKE DETECTOR PROGRAM