Not all fires occur in structures. This fire involves a fire in a railroad yard in tanker cars. The fire occurs on a Wednesday morning at 1130 hours.
Assume you are responsible for initially establishing command at this fire.
Other units responding are what your department would send on a report of a fire in this occupancy type.
Answer the questions below or make your own strategic, tactical, and task level questions to answer.
Do you have availability to and would you use foam?
How would you accomplish exposure protection?
For Back Up. How___
- What Would You Do? Two-Story Residential
- What Would You Do? 2-Story Commercial Building
- What Would You Do? Westwood Theater
- What Would You Do? Apartment Building Fire
- What Would You Do? Four-Story Apartment Building
- More Fire Training Simulations
- Risk of Explosion at CA Rail Car Fire Increases Despite Firefighters’ Efforts
- Ethanol: Crossing the Industrial/Municipal Interface
- Removing the Dust from the ERG
- Firefighter Response: Crude Oil By Rail Information and Hazards
- St. Louis Firefighters Train on Rail Oil Emergencies
John “Skip” Coleman retired as assistant chief from the Toledo (OH) Department of Fire and Rescue. He is a technical editor of Fire Engineering. a member of the FDIC Educational Advisory Board; and author of Incident Management for the Street-Smart Fire Officer (Fire Engineering, 1997), Managing Major Fires (Fire Engineering, 2000), Incident Management for the Street-Smart Fire Officer, Second Edition (Fire Engineering, 2008) and Searching Smarter (Fire Engineering 2011) and 2011 recipient of the FDIC Tom Brennan Lifetime Achievement