The London (Ontario) Professional Fire Fighters Association, partnering with the London Fire Department and Fanshawe College, has released “Beyond The Call,” a video currently used as a training tool for their firefighters and now released to the public and other fire departments and first responders to help understand and identify the dangers of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
The video is available above or on YouTube. The association wrote on the video page that the goal in producing this video was “to highlight and educate the many dangers faced by the fire service and to support ALL first responders suffering with PTSD and to prevent others from suffering alone and in silence beyond the call. We need to educate and discuss the facts about PTSD and other occupational stresses now.”
The description also stated that this is very personal and emotional video, so please be aware this will trigger many emotions for those who watch it.
The association thanked everyone involved and to Matt Davis for bring the driving force behind the creation of this video.
HT Billy Goldfeder of The Secret List (http://firefighterclosecalls.com/).
- Research: 90 Percent of Firefighters Show Signs of PTSD
- Perceptions of PTSD and Alcoholism in One of Our Own
- Recognizing and Combating Firefighter Stress
- Firefighter Suicide: It Can Happen Anywhere
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: One Firefighter’s Story
- UNDERSTANDING POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
- Living with Trauma in the Firefighter Marriage
- THE COST OF TRAUMATIC STRESS