The International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) are sponsoring an event at NIST on August 25, 2015. Topics include presentations on firefighting tactics; the testing for firefighter technology and electronics such as PASS, radios, and more; and heat transfer testing on personal protective equipment.
Derek Alkonis from Los Angeles County (CA) Fire Department and Sean DeCrane from Cleveland will also be presenting on how to implement tactical changes (adjustments) within fire departments. There will be breakout sessions and tours of the robotics lab and the fire lab in the afternoon.
Full details and the agenda are available on the event page at http://www.nist.gov/el/fire_research/fire_research_seminar.cfm
- Fire Protection Research Foundation and NIST Announce “Research Roadmap for Smart Fire Fighting” Summary Report
- NIST Study Finds Failure Points on Firefighter Protective Equipment
- NIST Tests in NYC Suggest How to Improve Emergency Radio Communications
- NIST : Firefighters Portable Radios May Fail at Elevated Temperatures
- NIST, UL Release Online Video Lectures on Fire Behavior