In this Training Minutes video on high-rise firefighting, Dave McGrail and company demonstrate four crucial details for accomplishing an effective hoseline stretch from a standpipe. They demonstrate what happens when these four aspects are ignored, as well as how they help contribute to a successful operation.
RELATED TRAINING: Standpipe Operations: Stretching and Advancing Hose | THE “STANDPIPE STRETCH ” MINDSET
- Training Minutes: Overcoming Standpipe Problems
- Training Minutes: Extending a Hoseline
- Training Minutes: Tips for the Nozzle Operator and Backup Firefighter
- Training Minutes: Door Orientation at Apartment Fires
- Training Minutes: High-Rise Fire Operations: Hoseline Extension
- Training Minutes: High-Rise Fire Operations: The Apartment Stretch