A massive fireball engulfed Moncton (NB) firefighters operating at a fire in a mixed-use building in the Canadian city Sunday evening. Miraculously, firefighters survived the dynamic fire event, which Chief Eric Arsenault attributed to a gas explosion.
Arsenault said the conditions to fight the fire were made more difficult because of the building’s metal roof and walls, according to a CBC News report. The structure housed a popular specialty food store and three apartments.
RELATED TRAINING: FLASHOVER AND BACKDRAFT : A Primer | Firefighter Response to Natural Gas Leaks and Emergencies | Are You Prepared for a Fire on Your Town’s Main Street?
The Moncton Fire Department responded to the call at about 11:45 p.m., bringing about 20 firefighters from four stations around the city, according to the report. YouTube video from Marie Mourant, posted above, shows the explosion (attention: strong language).
There were no injuries. Crews were still at the scene on Monday morning trying to extinguish the fire.
Read more HERE.