Fire officials say a piece of dental equipment being used is to blame for sparking a four-alarm blaze in Boston on Monday afternoon, reports wcvb.com (bit.ly/1N3PFru)
Four alarms were struck as firefighters battled flames in a wood-frame house and Dentist’s office at 130 Babson St. near Mattapan Square.
The massive fire broke out at a structure at 130 Babson St. near Mattapan Square that was used as both a dental office and home.
The fire was reported around 4 p.m. at the wood structure in Mattapan, and fire crews said that when they arrived, flames were bursting through the roof and from the upper windows.
Officials said at least two victims, a father and son, were removed from the structure. Both were taken to a hospital to be treated. Officials said the 83-year-old father was the first to be rescued, and when he was pulled from inside he began to yell, “My son is inside.”
He was taken to Carney Hospital. The son was taken to Boston Medical Center with a “traceable pulse” and was in critical condition.
The Boston Fire Department said a firefighter was injured while battling the fire, but those injuries are considered to be non-life-threatening.
Damage is estimated to be around $500,000 and the cause is believed to be accidental.