Honeywell (NYSE: HON) recently announced several ergonomic and safety refinements to its TAILS Morning Pride turnout gear. The new coat and pant ensemble retains the classic features and benefits of the original design, but has been re-engineered using advanced patterning technology to provide a better fit, new features, and allow more range of motion and protection.
The redesign adds improved features including:
- Liner attachment that improves thermal protection and can be easily removed from the shell on both coat and pant
- Reshaped neck and collar construction for improved neck/shoulder comfort
- Modified fit and drape across shoulders for increased upper-arm range of motion, and better weight distribution across the shoulders
- Better fit of armhole circumference and sleeves
- New DRY Super Flex Heat Channel Knee patterning (optional) for increased mobility
- Adjusted pant rise and fly length
- Improved pant leg grading for better interface with boots
- Improved donning/doffing of pant with full access fly
“Honeywell has made the industry’s best turnout gear even better,” said Michael Laton, product manager for Honeywell First Responder. “TAILs has been ergonomically redesigned for increased arm, shoulder and leg mobility, and comfort through the shoulder and neck. These enhancements added to the existing TAILS design, with classic features such as Forward Flex, Variegated Hem, Kinect Kut, and three-layer nesting, mean that all firefighters, including larger and smaller sized responders, can expect greater comfort, mobility and safety on the fireground.”
TAILs is used by over 50 percent of the top 100 municipal firefighting departments in the United States and Canada. The gear has won widespread acceptance for its distinctive design, which reduces excessive overlap at the front of the coat and adds length to the back, significantly improving mobility in the front and maximizing protection in the back.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
About Honeywell First Responder
Honeywell First Responder Products is the leading manufacturer of head-to-toe personal protective equipment. With more than 270 patents, we drive innovations for the unique needs of first responders globally. We take great pride in our technological advancements and our product development process that starts and ends with input from the firefighters who safeguard our communities and face the dangers of the fireground every day. www.honeywellfirstresponder.com