Hours after firefighters had extinguished a fire in a vacant Warner (OK) home, a man found his stepson dead at the scene, according to reports.
KTUL reported that volunteer firefighters responding to the scene of the fire on January 19 were able to rapidly control the fire in the abandoned home’s back bedroom, and there was no other damage to the rest of the property. Since the home is used as a resale shop, firefighters were told no one lives there and the home was vacant, the report said.
The homeowner later returned to the scene and found the body of his stepson, who sometimes stayed the night to watch the property. The deceased was apparently found in another part of the building.
The fire department’s initial assessment is that the fire possibly started by an electric space heater.
A man is found dead in this home in Warner after a fire. Firefighters already left when the man’s stepfather came back and found him. His stepfather tells me it may have been a cigarette. I’m working on this story for 6. @KTULNews pic.twitter.com/Or0HvXDD8t— Lauren Partain (@lpartainnews) January 29, 2019
Read more HERE.