The United State Fire Administration’s National Fire Academy has posted the vacancy announcement for a Deputy Superintendent GS-1712-15 (Supervisory Training Specialist).
This position is located in Emmitsburg, Maryland. This announcement will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET), September 6, 2019, or after receipt of the 200th application.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a proven leader experienced working with the American fire service and institutions of higher education who is a highly effective communicator. This position starts at a salary of $137,849 (GS-15).
In this position, you will be managing and directing day to day work of the Academy. Typical assignments include:
- Coordinating program efforts with other United States Fire Administration Divisions, internal activities, and/or with other agencies including firefighter recruits to higher-level officials including Cabinet-level appointees, Senators and Representatives.
- Developing Academy programs and procedures; with primary responsibility for ensuring intra-agency program coordination.
- Participating actively in both the short- and long-range planning activities of the National Fire Academy.
- Overseeing organizational personnel matters, such as position reviews, staffing reassignments, employee performance system and other actions.
- Working with other Federal, state, local and tribal governments and international partners to leverage resources, minimize duplication of efforts, and maximize the impact of the Academy’s programs.
Learn more HERE.