APPLETON, WI—Pierce Manufacturing Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE:OSK) company, announced that Pierce dealer, Siddons-Martin Emergency Group, has acquired Superior Equipment, expanding its territory to include Utah and Nevada. The expansion excludes Clark County, Nevada, which will continue to be served by Hughes Fire Equipment Inc. As one of the largest emergency vehicle dealerships in North America, Siddons-Martin Emergency Group adds the new territory to its existing regions served, which include Texas, Louisiana, and New Mexico.
“For more than 30 years, Ron Jensen and the Superior Equipment team have shown exceptional dedication to providing fire departments throughout Utah and Nevada with quality apparatus and service,” said Pat Siddons, president of sales, Siddons-Martin Emergency Group. “We congratulate Ron on his retirement and look forward to our teams joining forces to expand resources and service offerings that will be instituted in the coming months.”
With the acquisition of Superior Equipment, Siddons-Martin Emergency Group has retained all employees, and operations will continue to be conducted out of the existing facilities.
- Pierce and Fotokite Establish Exclusive Alliance
- Charleston (WV) Fire Department to Purchase Two Pierce Arrow XT Pumpers
- Special Delivery: Pierce Builds Three PUC Pumpers, Two 107-Foot Ascendant PUC Quints for Fort Worth (TX) Fire Department
“We’re not only transitioning into a new decade but a new era for the Superior Equipment team as we align with one of the most highly regarded and trusted dealerships in the country,” said Ron Jensen, president of Superior Equipment. “Siddons-Martin has committed to bringing its service-first model to the fire departments and regions we’ve served for many years. Our customers can be assured that in conjunction with our Siddons-Martin colleagues, our team will put the lifesaving work of firefighters at the forefront of everything we do.”
As Siddons-Martin expands its territory to Utah and Nevada, plans for the addition of more significant sales and service support are underway including:
- The opening of an additional service center in the Reno, Nevada area will take place by late 2020
- Planning for the opening of up to two additional service centers will take place over the next 24 – 36 months
- Providing EVT and Pierce Master Technicians to the region served
- Expanded field capabilities will begin in 2020 with continued expansion over the next 24 months
- Recruitment initiatives to increase the workforce in the area and expand sales and service capabilities
“We are thrilled to welcome team members from Superior Equipment as we develop new relationships and offer our collaborative expertise and dedication to a newly expanded territory,” said Leon Martin Jr., president of service, Siddons-Martin Emergency Group. “As the Pierce dealer with the most service centers, our sales and service philosophies will remain a priority as we grow our team to enhance fire apparatus support in Utah and Nevada.”
With a newly structured employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) and a focus on expanded sales and service offerings, Siddons-Martin will place emphasis on recruitment in the coming months. Additionally, the company will continue the representation of Skeeter Brush Trucks in the territory.