A city firefighter was injured Wednesday night while fighting a kitchen fire in the 400 block of North Fifth Street.
Crews were called to the home at 435 N. Fifth St. about 5:30 p.m.
According to Jeremy Searfoss, city fire marshal, food residue dripped onto the oven heating element, causing a small fire.
Crews had the blaze under control within minutes, he said.
One firefighter suffered an injury and was taken to the hospital for treatment, Searfoss said.
©2020 the Reading Eagle (Reading, Pa.)
Visit the Reading Eagle (Reading, Pa.) at readingeagle.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.