The Charleston (SC) Fire Department has ordered a second PIERCE mid-mount platform to replace a remounted tower. It has a short overall length and can accomplish storefront operations without extending the ladder, all of which works well with the city’s narrow streets.
- Arrow XT chassis with a 42-foot overall length;
- DETROIT DD13 525-hp diesel engine;
- 100-foot Ascendant platform with a basket accessible from the ground at full retraction;
- 50° belowgrade scrub area;
- Integrated ground pads for a rapid setup;
- 179 feet of ground ladders; and
- Side roll protection.
Pierce Manufacturing: (920) 832-3000/www.piercemfg.com
The Honolulu (HI) Fire Department has in service two walk-in heavy rescue units built by SVI TRUCKS.
- SPARTAN Gladiator LFD chassis with 185½-inch wheelbase and a 20-inch raised-roof cab;
- CUMMINS X15 565-hp diesel engine;
- cab walk-through to 16-foot body with custom desk and cabinets;
- ROM roll-up compartment doors;
- three double SCBA cylinder storage compartments;
- AUDIOVOX Voyager rearview camera system;
- WESTERN MULE telescopic boom crane with 1,000-pound lift capacity (unassembled in compartment);
- front and side receivers for WARN 9,000-pound winch; and
- light and power with an OUTBACK inverter, a GOLIGHT on the cab roof, and WHELEN scene lights.
SVI Trucks: (888) 784-1112/www.svitrucks.com
The Wescott Fire Protection District (Colorado Springs, Colorado) operates this tanker/pumper built by MIDWEST FIRE TANKER.
- FREIGHTLINER 114SD chassis with front bumper electric ground sweep nozzles;
- CUMMINS L9 450-hp diesel engine;
- HALE Side Kick 500-gpm pump;
- APR 3,500-gallon water tank with 2½-inch and four-inch direct tank fills and three stainless-steel NEWTON 10-inch square dump valves with 18-inch telescoping chutes;
- ZICO electric/hydraulic tip-down portable tank carrier and a 3,500-gallon portable tank;
- two PVC hard suction hoses and carriers;
- all-poly construction with ROM anodized aluminum roll-up doors;
- REARVIEWSAFETY rearview camera; and
- six WHELEN scene/warning lights.
Midwest Fire Tanker: (800) 344-2059/www.midwestfire.com
The Atlanta (GA) Fire Rescue Department has three KME mid-mount aerials in service.
- Severe Service chassis 250-inch wheelbase and a 96-inch XMFD cab featuring an EMS cabinet with external access;
- CUMMINS ISX12 500-hp diesel engine;
- 101-foot aerial ladder with 500-pound dry and wet tiploads when flowing 1,500 gpm;
- WARN eight-ton winch mounted in front bumper;
- HANNAY air reel; and
- light and power with a HARRISON 10-kw Hydra Gen generator, WILL BURT Extreme 6.0 light tower, WHELEN scene lighting, and two HANNAY electric cord reels.
KME Fire Apparatus: (800) 235-3928/www.kmefire.com