E-ONE®, a subsidiary of REV Group® and a leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, is pleased to announce the delivery of an E-ONE CR™ 137 aerial for the Ottawa Fire Department in Canada.
This CR 137 completes the Ottawa order for eight aerials which included six ladders and two platforms. At 13 stories high, the CR 137 is North America’s tallest aerial ladder.
Key features of the E-ONE CR 137 are:
- Rugged E-ONE Cyclone® cab with roll-cage design, occupant protection air bags and lowered entry steps
- 137′ extruded aluminum aerial with waterway at end of section 4 (110’)
- Crisscross under-slung outriggers with only 13′8” spread
- Integral torque box chassis with Cummins X15 505 HP engine
- 6000 lpm (1500 gpm) pump with all electric valves and enclosed pump panels
- 1135 liter (300 gallon) water tank
- Extruded aluminum body with raised rear perimeter and angled corners for improved maneuverability
- SideStacker® hosebed with pre-connected handlines
- Storage for 158′ of ground ladders including (2) 35′ two-section ladders
- AXIS® Smart Truck Technology
Ottawa worked with E-ONE dealer 1200 Degrees in designing this aerial that would best fit the department’s needs.
Bruce Griffin, captain of Ottawa Fire Department, said crews are excited to get the 137. He said the rig is ideal for urban downtown areas, suburban apartments, and even rural barn fires.
“While we have lots of high-rise buildings where the added reach will allow upper floor rescues, we feel this unit will be highly beneficial at garden apartments or any building with a setback,” Griffin said. “A hundred feet away from the side of the truck, we can still hit the 8th floor. Since we send two aerial apparatus to fires, testing has shown even if the 137 is second in, it will be able to hit the same target areas as the first in ladder and sometimes reach farther!”
“E-ONE has a longstanding relationship with Ottawa Fire Department, and we are excited to be their aerial apparatus supplier,” said Larry Daniels, E-ONE Director of Sales. “The vast E-ONE aerial model product line and our ability to customize our configurations to meet the unique needs of Ottawa Fire Department have allowed E-ONE and 1200 Degrees to support this department as they protect and serve the citizens of Ottawa.”