Smeal Fire Apparatus Co. announced today that is has acquired the assets of LTI, including LTI ladders, platforms and tractor-drawn aerials, Squrt, and TeleSqurt boom-ladders and Snorkel articulating aerial platforms. This acquisition enhances Smeal’s product offering to the fire service, adding an extensive line of aerial apparatus to the company’s already expansive line of industry-leading steel aerial ladders, platforms, and tillers. With the addition of LTI aerials, Smeal now offers the largest selection of aerial models available to the fire service.
“LTI has an outstanding reputation in aerial apparatus dating back to decades and decades, but it’s the exceptional reliability, safety and design features of their current products which make them an outstanding addition to the Smeal aerial product offering. This acquisition provides our customers with more choices, and it provides additional opportunities for us to serve urban aerial customers who are looking for the reliability, performance and packaging of the LTI, Squrt, TeleSqurt and Snorkel lines,” said Mark Huber, Smeal’s president.
EXPANDED AFTERMARKET SUPPORT FOR CUSTOMERS
“Our first priority is to support the many fire departments that have LTI, Squrt, Telesqurt and Snorkel aerials in their fleets today. Now, Smeal has brought these products into our company for the long term,” explained Huber. “As a result, we understand the need to quickly provide parts and service support for these customers. We will be supporting them through an experienced aftermarket team and comprehensive parts support program with local service available through Smeal’s nationwide network of dealers.”
As part of the acquisition, Smeal acquired the technical data files for units sold previously to help ensure continuity of service LTI, Telesqurt, Squrt and Snorkel customers.
REVITALIZING THE PRODUCT LINE
The newly acquired products will be integrated into the Smeal product line, and available on Smeal S450 and S600 chassis, and on Spartan custom fire chassis. The models include:
- LTI HD and XD 10’’ Rear-Mount Ladders — Four-section steel ladders with 500 and 750 lbs tip load ratings (dry) respectively
- LTI MetroStik 7’’ Rear-Mount Ladder — This aerial is designed for metropolitan departments who need aerial capability in a compact package
- LTI 10’’ Rear-Mount Platform
- LTI 9’’ and 10’’ Mid-Mount Platforms
- LTI Tractor Drawn Aerial, 10’’ and 10’’– The mainstay of many large, urban departments, LTI tillers are designed to provide a short wheelbase, maneuverability for tight city streets, and ladders with wide stepping surfaces.
- Telesqurt Boom-Ladder– This telescoping design provides elevated master stream and ladder operational capabilities within a short wheelbase apparatus that handles like a pumper. Available in 5’’, 6’’ and 7’’ lengths.
- Squrt Boom— This 5’’ articulating boom reaches where you need it to while keeping the first-response capability of a traditional pumper design.
- Snorkel Articulating Platform– This two-section, articulating platform provides “up and over” capability for roof access and fire suppression, as well as the ability to move around wires and other obstructions.
Smeal plans to invest the engineering resources necessary to bring selected technological improvements to the new additions. In particular, the company will update the Squrt and Telesqurt boom-ladders and Snorkel articulating platform to full NFPA compliance, as customer interest demands, as well as consider select enhancements for the platform and ladder designs.
Smeal Fire Apparatus Co. is recognized as a premier manufacturer, inventor and innovator of customized fire apparatus. They offer a full line of custom and commercial pumpers, rescue pumpers, aerial ladders, platforms, TDs, and urban interface vehicles. Smeal is committed to leading the industry in high quality fire apparatus, delivery times and customer experience. The company sells its products worldwide and is based in Snyder, NE. To learn more, visit www.smeal.com.