A large rock slide caused a fiery train derailment Thursday morning in eastern Kentucky that briefly trapped two crew members and caused a chemical leak into a river, authorities said.
Las Vegas firefighters have discovered what officials described as an illegal, homemade gas station in a backyard.
A 19-year-old man has been arrested after trace amounts of mercury spilled at three locations in Houston, leading dozens of people to be decontaminated as a precaution, FBI said Monday.
A man on fire yelled “I hope it was worth it" after apparently setting off an explosion that killed him and injured nine Connecticut police officers during a standoff last year, according to records obtained by The Associated Press.
A blocked sewer main flooded basements Saturday with brown filth and left residents in the neighborhood near New York City’s Kennedy Airport feeling sickened by the stench.
Leaking batteries at a cell phone site on a roof call for standing by for a trained hazmat unit.
John R. Waters II looks at the lessons learned by the Montgomery County (PA) Hazardous Materials Response Team after it responded to an ammonia leak at a SARA facility in late 2017.
Rick Edinger discusses the state of hazmat standards from the NFPA.
Robert Bohrer offers a review of the dangers of carbon monoxide and the medical treatment of victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.