Family Saved by Carbon Monoxide Detector Given Out at Indiana Fire Department Open House

[bc_video account_id=”” player_id=”” video_id=””]

On October 6, 2014, the La Porte (IN) Fire Department hosted their annual open house to kick off Fire Prevention Week. For the second year they teamed up with the LOK/Wishing Tree Foundation, a foundation that promotes awareness for carbon monoxide (CA) poisoning.

At the event they gave out free CO detectors. Last year they gave one to a local family and it saved their lives.

According to the WSBT report, Alexandra Christner, her five-year-old son, and her baby son were sleeping early one December morning last year while her husband was at work.

Tips on Reviving Someone Exposed to Carbon Monoxide

They were alerted by the CO detector and exited the home. The furnace was reportedly leaking and firefighters found extremely high levels of CO in the house.

The Lindsey O’brien Kesling Wishing Tree Foundation was founded by Dorothy Kesling, whose daughter, Lindsey, died of CO poisoning.

Read more at http://bit.ly/1D1x0ug.

No posts to display