Check out this series of Training Minutes videos on arson and fire investigation presented by Adrian “Buddy” Cales, FDIC instructor and fire investigation veteran in the law enforcement, fire service, and private sectors.
See more Training Minutes at http://www.fireengineering.com/video.html.
What’s wrong with this picture? Arson investigator Buddy Cales examines clues that should arouse suspicions in the wake of a bedroom fire.
Buddy Cales walks us through the aftermath of an incident starting in a child’s bedroom and discusses the signs that point to the fire’s origins.
When examining a fire scene, don’t be too quick to jump to conclusions when confronted with what looks like multiple points of origin. Buddy Cales takes a close look at one such scenario.
Does your department have a policy to deal with investigations that may involve public safety personnel? Buddy Cales explores this and other issues while investigating a living room fire scene.
Do you have protocols that describe how to handle potential evidence at the scene of an apparent incendiary fire? Buddy Cales takes a look at possible items of interest.
Buddy Cales investigates what seems like a routine shed fire and shows you signs that point to possible use of the structure as a methamphetamine lab.
- ARSON PREVENTION: MOTIVES AND MITIGATION PROGRAMS
- INTERSTATE ARSON : CATCHING THE TRAVELING SERIAL ARSONIST
- OVERHAULING FOR SUCCESSFUL FIRE INVESTIGATION
- INTEGRATING ARCHAEOLOGY AND PHOTOGRAMMETRY WITH FIRE INVESTIGATION
- Will Your Fire Investigation testimony hold up in court?
- FIRE INVESTIGATION : YOU CAN LEARN FROM FIRE
MORE TRAINING MINUTES
- Training Minutes: Firefighter Self-Rescue
- Training Minutes: Rapid Intervention Team (RIT) Operations
- Training Minutes: Paul DeBartolomeo and Lifting Operations
- Training Minutes: Attacking the Lock
- Training Minutes: Stabilization for Vehicle Extrication and Rescue
- Training Minutes: Hoseline Advancement
- Training Minutes: Ladder Work