Some 50,000 garden backpack blowers are being recalled because their fuel tanks leak and present fire and burn hazards, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Consumers are asked to stop using the devices and to contact the manufacturer for free repair service.
The products involved and contact information follow:
* Husqvarna Forest & Garden Co., Models 155BT and 155 BF, (800) 438-7297, www.huysgvarna.com;
* John Deere Consumer Products Inc., Models UT 26113, UT08093, UT 08104, (800) 537-8233, www.johndeere.com;
* Makita U.S.A. Inc., Model RBL500, (800) 625-4828, www.makitaope.com;
* Carswell Import & Marketing Associates Inc., Model FL500, (800) 929-1948, www.carswelldist.com; and
* Tilton Equipment Co., Model TB50, (800) 447-1152, www.tiltonequipment.com.