N.J. Firefighters Overcome by Insect Fumigation Fumes

One firefighter was treated at a hospital and eight others were hosed down after they were affected by fumes from a bug bomb that was set off at a northern New Jersey nail salon, reports The Associated Press.

Authorities tell The Record an “insect fumigation” triggered a fire alarm at the salon on Friday night.

Responding firefighters saw what appeared to be a haze inside the building. But after entering the salon, they were soon overcome by the fumes that affected their throats and caused itching.

None of the injuries suffered by the firefighters were considered serious. The firefighter taken to the hospital for observation was later released.

Officials also told The Record firefighters from seven municipalities and county emergency workers responded to the scene.

No posts to display