Twenty-one fire chiefs from around the world participated in the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Urban Fire Forum in Quincy, Massachusetts, from October 21-24. Also in attendance was Glenn Gaines, Acting Administrator of the United States Fire Administration who was formerly the chief of Fairfax County (Va.) Fire Department.
- Director Alvin Benson, Memphis, Tenn.
- Chief Ken Block, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Chief G. Keith Bryant, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Commissioner Salvatore Cassano, New York, N.Y.
- Chief John Caufield, Rochester, N.Y.
- Chief Kelvin Cochran, Atlanta, Ga.
- Chief Stephen Dean, Mobile, Ala.
- Chief Otto Drozd, El Paso, Tex.
- Chief Larry Few, Fulton County, Ga.
- Chief Luther Fincher, Jr, (Retired), Charlotte, N.C.
- Chief Greg Frederick, Louisville, Ky.
- Chief Bob Hendricks, Lexington, Ky.
- CFO Peter Holland, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- Chief Alex Jackson, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Chief Rhoda Mae Kerr, Austin, Tex.
- Chief Bob Khan, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Chief Millage Peaks, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Chief Ned Pettus, Jr, Columbus, Ohio
- Chief Keith Richter, Orange County, Calif.
- Chief Bill Stewart, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The facilitators for this year’s forum were Russ Sanders, Metro Chiefs executive secretary and Ken Willette, NFPA’s director of Public Fire Protection.
The core group of the Urban Fire Forum is the Metro Chiefs Executive Board. In addition, 15 additional chiefs are invited each year on a rotating basis.