At about 1150 hours on Wednesday November 26, 2014, the Royal Oak (MI) Fire Department responded to a automatic fire alarm at at Royal Oak Manor 606 Williams.
Upon arrival fire alarm was activated with a report of smoke on the ninth floor. The investigation team went to the ninth floor and reported smoke showing from a apartment. A full box alarm assignment was requested by command.
Water supply was established and a line was stretched from the standpipe for fire attack. Crews make a quick knockdown on the fire. No injuries were reported and firefighters contained the fire to the apartment of origin.
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Engines 9-10, 9-20, and 9-30, Ladder 9-12, and Rescues 91 and 92 responded to this incident.
See complete pics from this incident at http://www.detroitfiregroundimages.com/Royal-Oak-Apartment-Fire-606/.
MORE DENNIS WALUS
Roseville (MI) Commercial Fire
Detroit Firefighters Run Out of Air at Commercial Fire
- Grosse Pointe Farms (MI) Fire Goes to Three Alarms
- Warren (MI) Firefighters Battle Commercial Fire
RELATED FIREFIGHTER TRAINING
- Firefighting Tactics: High-Rise 101
- Changes in High-Rise Buildings: Is It Time to Change Your Procedures?
- Pump Operations for High-Rise Building Fire Protection Systems
- Engine Company Operations: Analyzing the High-Rise Handline