Space Heater Blamed in Fatal MI House Fire

Firefighters responding to a house fire today in the Detroit suburb of Warren found a 59-year-old man dead.

The fire was apparently caused by a space heater too close to a couch, Warren (MI) Fire Commissioner Skip McAdams told the Detroit Free Press (http://on.freep.com/10R70zW). The victim most likely died of smoke inhalation, but also suffered some burns to his body. A dog also died in the fire.

Firefighters found the man lying on the floor near the entry to the kitchen of the ranch-style home. McAdams said the man was most likely trying to flee the fire through the rear of the home but didn’t make it.

Read additional details at http://on.freep.com/10R70zW.

Space-heater misuse has been implicated in a number of recent deadly fires across the nation. For more, consider Space Heater Apparently Sparked Fatal Chicago Fire, Space Heater Causes New York Fire and Kills Boy, and Baby Burned in Knoxville (TN) Fire.

No posts to display