Student Dies After Off-Campus Fire in North Dakota

A student died after an off-campus fire Sunday morning in Grand Forks, North Dakota.

Matt Heisler, 21, was pulled from the fire by his housemate, Ryan Nelson, 20, who then performed CPR on the injured man. Despite Nelson’s efforts, Heisler died Tuesday morning at a Minneapolis medical center, according to a report from The Star Tribune (http://strib.mn/1nEtsdg).

Study reveals unattended cooking factor in residential fires

Both men attended the University of North Dakota and lived in a house near the campus.

The Grand Forks Herald reported that the city’s fire department said the cause of the fire was unattended cooking.

Read more at http://strib.mn/1nEtsdg.

 

No posts to display