Two female Southern Illinois University Edwardsville students died this morning from injuries they suffered in an off-campus apartment fire Sunday, according to a report on stltoday.com (http://bit.ly/Izi9eC).
Fire officials said a neighbor in the 600 block of Hillsboro Avenue of Edwardsville, Illinois, noticed smoke pouring from a second-floor apartment about 3:45 a.m. Sunday. Firefighters found the two women in a room next to a bedroom that was on fire. The victims, a 21-year-old and a 19-year-old, were transported to a local medical facility.
The fire is under investigation. Fire officials said a laptop computer on a bed and an electrical power strip were near where the fire started.