TX Firefighters Rescue Man Through Window

Sherman (TX) firefighters had to rescue a man who became entrapped in burglar bars while attempting to escape his burning second-story apartment. A local police officer found the victim dangling from the window. Firefighters tore down the burglar bars and carried the man down a ladder to safety.

An initial investigation suggested the fire was an accident, however a news report on KTEN.com cited one source saying that the controversial alcohol-energy drink, Four Loko, which has been banned in some states and whose manufacturers have received a warning from the FDA, may somehow been a factor in the fire. The tenant had reportedly also disabled the smoke detector inside his apartment. The victim was not injured and was transported to a hospital and then released.

Read more HERE.

No posts to display