Tyco Fire Protection Products, a leader in fire and life safety, was honored by American Security Today with two ‘ASTORS’ Homeland Security Awards. The SIMPLEX ES-Enabled Fire Alarm System was a Platinum winner in “Best Fire & Safety System” and a Gold winner in “Best Mass Notification System.” The ASTORS highlight outstanding product development achievements and new technologies that address growing homeland security threats.
Fire alarm systems play an essential role when it comes to protecting people, property and assets within a facility. SIMPLEX ES fire alarm systems, developed and manufactured by Tyco Fire Protection Products, provide advanced, innovative technologies, and are unique in their ability to grow and expand as buildings change and life-safety needs evolve. Some of these comprehensive and highly flexible fire protection and safety solutions capabilities include:
- Added power, internet connectivity and remote service capabilities. The SIMPLEX ES platform provides advanced technologies that meet the needs of installing contractors, facility managers and building owners–improving serviceability, reducing costs, saving time and enhancing operational efficiency.
- Easier installation and upgrades. SIMPLEX ES panels support addressable technology that makes systems easier to design, install, upgrade and maintain.
- Advanced addressable notification technology that enables appliance self-testing and targeted emergency message delivery. SIMPLEX TrueAlert ES notification now includes the fire alarm industry’s first addressable speakers with individual on/off control and high-quality audio output–flexible, reliable, cost-effective, and highly scalable.
- Advanced LED appliances compliant with the latest NFPA code requirements for flash duration and strobe synchronization.
- Integrated life-safety information management that brings critical applications together, including fire alarm, voice, access control and video.
- Voice systems that can serve as the cornerstone of an integrated, multi-layered and cost-effective mass notification solution to improve emergency preparedness and response.
“Tyco Fire Protection Products works to continually lead the industry in preventing fires and protecting people, places and some of the world’s most precious assets,” said Raj Arora, vice president and general manager, Fire Detection and Special Hazard Products, Tyco Fire Protection Products. “We’re honored to be recognized by American Security Today and to work in an industry that is so vital to the safety and health of our front line and all of those that live and work in these environments.”
The ASTORS comprehensive Homeland Security Awards Program is organized to recognize the most distinguished vendors of physical, IT, and port security, law enforcement, and first responders, in acknowledgement of their outstanding efforts to ‘Keep our Nation Secure, One City at a Time.’ The 2016 winners will be recognized at ISC East 2016 in New York City, November 16-17, 2016. For more information about the awards, visit https://americansecuritytoday.com/2016-astors-homeland-security-award-winners-announced/.