Burning Roof Collapsed on Rye (NY) Firefighter

The roof of a multimillion-dollar mansion collapsed after it was ignited by fire in Rye (NY), reports News 12.

When firefighters arrived, they found the roof of the house fully engulfed in flames. Department officials say firefighters went inside the home, and one firefighter was injured when the roof collapsed.

The firefighter was conscious and alert when he was taken from the burning building. He was treated for minor injuries.

Resident Erin Crotty, 19, believes the flames were sparked in her parents’ bedroom, where firefighters concentrated most of the day.

She was able to wake up her brother and escape the home unharmed with their dog.

Officials say the fire is not suspicious and may have been started by faulty wiring.

Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/18zNLAI

No posts to display