Candle Sparks Fire That Destroys Stansbury Park (UT) Home

An unattended candle sparked a large fire Tuesday morning that destroyed a home, reports ksl.com (http://bit.ly/1rWy63O)

The candle, which investigators said was left burning inside the master closet, apparently ignited some clothing and spread to the attic.

North Tooele County Fire District spokesman Ryan Willden said his department received the first reports of the fire on Lakeview Drive at around 9 a.m. Crews arrived quickly because the station wasn’t far from the house, he said.

Once there, firefighters found thick, black smoke coming out of the attic. The family of four and their dog evacuated safely because the father smelled the smoke, Willden said.

Firefighters tried to put out the fire but ultimately had to just concentrate on containing the fire to the home, Willden said.

 

No posts to display