Carbon Monoxide Forces Evacuation at NJ Hospice

From NorthJersey.com:

By Linh Tat and Justo Bautista

SADDLE RIVER — Eleven patients and four staff members at the Villa Marie Claire hospice was evacuated Tuesday night after high readings of carbon monoxide (CO) were detected in the building’s basement, a borough official said.

The patients and staff members were transported to Teaneck’s Holy Name Medical Center as a precaution, said Chuck Cuccia, the borough’s deputy emergency management coordinator.

None showed any signs of health issues related to CO exposure.

The CO reading in the building when emergency personnel arrived was 5,000 parts per million, Cuccia said.

Read more HERE

Author

No posts to display