Cause of Fatal Ashburnham (MA) Fire Released

Officials said the fire that claimed the life of an elderly woman Friday evening in Ashburnham was caused by an electrical issue, reports wcvb.com.

The fire broke out at the home at 145 Wilker Road before 6 p.m., and people who lived in the home were unable to rescue the woman, whom family identified as Florence Laughton, 88.

State Fire Marshal Stephen D. Coan and Ashburnham Interim Fire Chief Jerry Decoteaux said the fire started in an electrical outlet with a power strip plugged into it behind a TV in a child’s room.

Read more of the story here http://bit.ly/ZiP6cU

No posts to display