Civilian, Firefighter Injured in Roanoke (VA) Apartment Fire

A firefighter was burned and at least one civilian injured in an apartment fire Wednesday night in Roanoke, Virginia.

Roanoke Fire-EMS responded to the fire about 9:15 p.m., according to The Roanoke Times (

According to the report, a resident was apparently cooking with grease in his kitchen when he fell asleep, causing the fire. He reportedly suffered heavy smoke inhalation and was taken to an area hospital.

The report said there was heavy smoke damage to most of the third floor of the 18-unit property.

A firefighter reportedly suffered second-degree burns.

Read further details about this incident at


No posts to display