At about 2000 hours on Monday, November 17, 2014, Detroit 4th Battalion companies were dispatched to a reported commercial building fire at W 8 Mile and Stansbury.
Upon arrival of Chief 4, a working fire in a single story 40 X 80 occupied commercial store front was found. Engine 53 arrived on the scene and stretched.
Companies preformed an interior attack. After about 20 minutes in the building and with smoke and wind conditions worsening, crews backed out of the building. Chief 4 then ordered 2 additional trucks companies for water tower operations.
Water tower operations were set up. Ladder 18 and Ladder 26 were used. Companies operated for three hours to bring this fire under control using defensive operations. Engines 53, 30, 44, 54, Ladder 25, 18, 17, 26, Squad 5 and 1, Chief 4 and 8, and Car 203 responded to this incident.
See more photos HERE.
More of Dennis’s work at www.detroitfiregroundimages.com.
MORE DENNIS WALUS
- Grosse Pointe Farms (MI) Fire Goes to Three Alarms
Warren (MI) Firefighters Battle Commercial Fire
- Detroit Firefighters Battle 2-Alarm Fire at Vacant Apartment Building
- Michigan Firefighters Battle Recycling Plant Fire
RELATED FIREFIGHTER TRAINING
- R.E.A.D.Y. CHECKS AND THE RULE OF AIR MANAGEMENT
- The Rule of Air Management Q & A
- THE POINT OF NO RETURN
- Is Your Department Complying with the NFPA 1404 Air Management Policy?
- Air Management Drill
- EXPANDING “TIME TO EXIT” FOR FIREFIGHTERS