Dog Turns on Stove and Starts New Jersey House Fire

A fire broke out in a Lacey Township (NJ) home after a dog accidentally turned on a stove, which then burned a laptop that was on top of the stove, reports USA Today (http://usat.ly/1pucqz9)

At 5:17 p.m. Friday, township police along with the Forked River Fire Department responded to 1318 Norwood Drive in the Forked River section of the township for a reported structure fire, Sgt. James Tranz said in a news release.

Upon arrival, smoke was seen coming out of the roof of the home, Tranz said. The Forked River Fire Department then went inside the home and put the fire out.

No one was inside the home at the time of the fire, but firefighters safely removed a dog from the home.

 

No posts to display