Fayetteville (GA) Structure Fire Claims Two

[script src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js”]

FAYETTE COUNTY, Georgia – A couple were killed in their home after a fire broke out in a rear bedroom before destroying the structure.

Killed by the fire was Lamar Beckwith, 94, and his wife Cathrine Beckwith, 88. The fire, which was ruled accidental, was reported around 1:50 p.m.

Fire investigators determined that an electrical malfunction in a rear bedroom caused the blaze. The home located at 185 Biltmore Drive, Fayetteville, Georgia, was destroyed.

So far in 2015, 34 Georgians have died in residential fires. The Fayetteville Fire Department assisted with the investigation.

For more details and updates see http://www.11alive.com/story/news/2015/03/14/two-dead-in-fayetteville-house-fire/24767293/

No posts to display