Two boys were saved Saturday from a Lake Station (IN) house fire that killed their mother in what one firefighter termed a “miracle” rescue.
“To have two young children alive after that exposure to intense heat is nothing short of a miracle,” Hobart Fire Chief Brian Taylor told a reporter from nwitimes.com (http://bit.ly/sGCbUb). Taylor helped pull one of the boys, a 3-year-old who was found unconscious, from the home.
The other boy, 2-years-old, was rescued by Lake Station Fire Department Lt. Robert Saylor, according to fire officals. The fire evidently started in the kitchen. The boys’ mother was reportedly overcome by smoke while trying to get to her children.
A video from the scene is available at http://bit.ly/uj0l2W.