A fire broke out atop a Johns Hopkins Hospital (MD) campus building, reports the Baltimore Sun.
Plumes of billowing smoke above Johns Hopkins Hospital were visible for miles Wednesday as a ventilation unit caught fire.
The fire was contained in about an hour. No one was injured and the building’s damage was limited to the roof area, said Chief Kevin Cartwright of the Baltimore City Fire Department.
Fire Battalion Chief Ron Hudgins said a unit in the building’s cooling tower atop the brick structure malfunctioned, sparking the one-alarm blaze. He said the air system in the building was recently gutted and replaced with a new system, according to university officials.
Read more of the story here http://bsun.md/VuSWqS